Low End FPV Cam on Blade mQX Quad-Copter was a cheap way just to try it.
Click here or just read it here.
Uploaded by NightFlyyer on Feb 3, 2012
( PLEASE READ) If I were to get serious about flying FPV, I would buy the super equipment. But just to test it to see if I could do it, this is how it went. In reality, I would rather Watch my planes fly and leave the FPV stuff to the Military Drone Guys and those with the big bucks. Did you know to be insured by the AMA (what could go wrong) you need a spotter who can see the plane at all times in addition to you the pilot? Thats a lot of work. High power equipment is expensive and requires a special license too in most cases. So again, I did it the simple way, just to see if I could. The last few Quad-Copter videos I made were requests. In this video, I just thought I would experiment with the Tiny FPV (First Person View) video Camera I got from HobbyPartz.com. It only cost $27.50 and was sufficient to find out if I could do this.
1. 2.4GHz Micro Transmitter w/ Color CMOS Camera.
2. High Gain 2.4GHz Video receiver.
3. All necessary video cables and power adapters.
4. Video Cable to Connect TV/VCR/Camcorder
5. - 9 Volt Battery Adapter
6. - Power DC Adapters for both the Camera + Receiver
1. Camera and transmitter weight: only 9 grams!
2. Camera and transmitter size: 15mm x 22mm x 32mm (5/8" x 7/8" x 1 1/4")
3. Camera Lux: 3 @ f1.2
4. Camera Auto Electronic Exposure of 1/60 to 1/15000 sec. w/ Auto Gain & White Balance
5. Camera Signal to Noise Ratio: 48dB
6. 365K (PAL) or 250K (NTSC) camera pixel resolution
7. Wireless Transmission Range: 150M (450 FEET), Line-Of-Sight
8. Transmitter RF Output Power: EC R&TTE Compliant
9. Receiver Video Input/Output: 1Vp-p/75 ohm
Bind-N-Fly Product Description--
$139 plus shipping.
AS3X 3-axis stabilization system
4-in-1 DSM2 receiver/ESCs/mixer/AS3X sensor unit
Potent 8.5mm brushed motors with protective drive gear guards
Can be flown in "X" or "+" configurations
Includes E-flite 1S 3.7V 500mAh Li-Po battery
Includes E-flite Celectra 1-cell DC variable rate Li-Po charger
Needed To Complete
4+ channel DSM2 or DSMX transmitter
The Tiny Brite lights are bright enough to see in the daylight and really add to the flying pleasure of this unit, as it is difficult to see at times.
Thanks kindly for all your support. I would appreciate if you would please take a moment rate the video, subscribe to be notified when I produce another RC Television show, and if you know of others that would like to see this video, please pass it on.
Academy of Model Aeronautics # 8221
Contest Director, Leader Member, Scientific division.
Here are a few Handy links.
Horizon Hobbies mQX Quad-Copter.
The DV mini Camera is available from all 3 stores.
Tiny Brite Lights
German Aerofly RC simulators for Mac or PC.
Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA)
Disney Toy Store
WillyGoat Toy store